Very weird behavior in Mail after upgrading from Mojave to Catalina v2:
Flagged email from Gmail accounts (inboxes) do not show up in a smart mailbox. Actually, some do show (those that are more than 4 years old). The smart mailbox is configured to display all emails of a specific inbox and emails that are flagged.
- nothing changes if the smart filter is set to a particular colored flag, instead of just "flagged"
- emails show correctly in the automatic "Flagged" folders in Mail !
- turning spotlight indexing off, erasing index, and turning it on again for rebuilding did NOT help (mdutil command)
- any email that is flagged and manually viewed, just by clicking it, starts showing up in the smart mailbox afterwards; persistent after Mail quit and launch
- Only happens for Gmail accounts
This really looks like a fat bug in Mail, not an indexing issue. Why would a smart mailbox change content just because I am viewing emails…. ugh
If anybody has a clue about how to fix this, w/o having to view each and every flagged email, please post here.