There was a reason why my friends Mac mail wouldn't connect to his AOL Mail…. There was a hidden third party verification that had to be done! When going to Mac Mail to set up your account, pick AOL provider… then email address… now instead of the password you usually use…..
- Go to AOL Mail on your web browser then, go into options and select account info. (if you have pop up warning then, you'll have to turn it off for the moment… I went into chrome settings for that)
- Refresh the page and then you'll have access to your personal info.
- In the account security tab, look for 'generate app password'.
- A submenu appears and then you'll select your app that your mail will connect to. In this case, Mac Mail.
- Click 'generate' and voila!! COPY/ PASTE this app password into the field where you're setting up your AOL Mail and then you'll be good to go 🙂
HOPE THIS HELPS!!!