Can't Use Touch ID on 2016 13" MacBook Pro. When I open Touch ID in system preferences and try to add a new fingerprint (none currently registered), I get this error "Fingerprint limit reached. To add a new fingerprint, remove a fingerprint from any account on this Mac."
- the terminal command in recovery mode: ‘xartutil –erase-all’
- deleted Macintosh – data and erased Macintosh HDD, installed new Mac OS Catalina 10.15.3
- SMC reset (control+shif+option + power) for 10 seconds
- switched user accounts to test
- tried in safe mode
Error is still there after doing all the above.
- in October 2019, apple store replaced the Display assembly space gray due to anti-reflective coating delimitation, top case with Battery ANSI (keyboard)
- when to Apple authorized repair center (as the apple stores are closed due to Coronavirus) they ran diagnostics and said everything looks find. Said it could be a hardware issue.
Been seeing many other folks have the same error but haven't read any comments where folks confirmed they have been able to resolve the issue with any steps above.
Any help would be appreciated! Thank you much!