I no longer have access on my MBPro to mail, notes, calendar, messages. I can access all of these from an older iMac, an iPhone and an iPad.
Two days of troubleshooting, using tips from here at Apple discussions and elsewhere and i’m still in the same login loop. Now it comes up repeatedly… and at times incessantly.
email app shows no accounts
messages can not connect because of an iCloud error
notes that were stored on the Mac do not show
whats been done so far:
- tried to sign out of iCloud… not allowed because it says there is an error connecting
- set up iCloud email account but it says I am already logged in… see above… cannot log out
- set up new admin account, works fine with current iCloud login and password but does not show the full extent of email folders from original Mac login… this is crucial for me to get back (and no, I don’t have a recent time machine backup for this machine)
- upgraded from Sierra to Mojave… three attempts on rural hispeed… over 12 hours to finally get a working OS install
- reset PRAM
- ran disk utility
- removed MBPro in iCloud admin (browser on another machine)
- Re-enstated MBPro to iCloud from iCloud admin (browser on another machinej
- terminal delete reference to .me (can’t remember the exact code while writing this)
- removed related cache files, and other suggested items in 3 different Library folders… restarted each time
- have left MBPro in shut down for varying length of times
- Relevant keychain items have been deleted
every time I go to iCloud in sys pref the options are all greyed out. Clicking on them brings a quick message saying it is being set up… but the option remains greyed out and unchecked.
trying to work from home, without access to crucial apps… as if there isn’t enough stress in the world today
any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.
stay safe and healthy!