I am a paying iCloud user and I can't download my photos from iCloud. Here are some details:
– I have a very good internet connection
– I am using a Lenovo T490 computer with Windows 10.
– I am trying to download photos in batches of 50 to 100 at a time (comes as a zip file)
– If I start ten of these batches, usually anywhere from only 3 to 5 succeed. The others fail. And it isn't always the first ones which succeed.
– I am pressing and holding the download arrow, then selecting download original.
Obviously a workaround would be to select one photo at a time and download it. But since we're dealing with well over a couple thousand photos, it would be far too tedious that way. And without trying it first, I have no way of knowing if I would encounter the same problem doing it this way.