And here’s a hypothetical situation: you are going on the subway, the thief quietly pulled the iPhone out of his pocket. The loss was discovered only after 30 minutes. What should I do?
On another iOS device:
1. Open the Find iPhone application (iOS 12 and below) or Latitude (iOS 13).
2. We find in the list the stolen device.
3. Click Mark as missing / Lost mode.
4. As soon as a smartphone, tablet or computer is found, it will be displayed on the map in the same application. And you will receive a notification in the mail that the device is detected.
On the computer:
1. Open the iCloud.com link in the browser, log in and select Find iPhone.
2. We find the lost device in the list.
3. Click Lost Mode.
4. As soon as there is a gadget, it will be displayed on the map. And you will receive a notification in the mail that the device is detected.
Activated on 6s Lost mode yesterday at 7 o’clock in the evening. After a couple of hours, Latitude displayed that the iPhone was entered in Lost Mode. There are no other iOS devices at home right now, not even the iPhone 11, Mac. Probably the geo-position of my iPhone was determined through neighboring gadgets with the latest firmware.
And what do you think ? In the morning I received a notification in my mail that the iPhone was found and blocked. And in the Locator application, the current geo-location is displayed, which is updated every 5-15 minutes!
This is really Amazing!
A “lost” iPhone periodically sends a Bluetooth beacon to other gadgets even in off state. And this will be until the charge runs out.
That is, now you can almost always find an iPhone or iPad.